1. The food. Charleston is the only place in the world where I’ve never had a bad meal or cocktail. My favorite places include 167 Raw (best lobster roll in all the land), The Ordinary, The Darling Oyster, SNOB and Henry’s. I’ve yet to score a reservation at Husk, but I have no doubt it will be worth the wait.
2. World-class hotels. My favorite has to be the Belmond at Charleston Place, an amazing hotel located in the heart of historic Charleston within walking distance to Market Street, shopping, parks and restaurants. If traveling with little ones, the concierge can connect you with the most amazing nanny so the adults can enjoy a night out on the town.
3. The people. Try southern charm with a classy and sophisticated edge.
4. The beach. A visit to Sullivan’s Island is only a 30-minute drive from Downtown Charleston. Need I say more?
5. Sugar. Yes, please! Sugar Bakeshop is truly heavenly; the grapefruit cupcake is my absolute favorite. They close at 5pm on Saturdays so bike on over after a day at the beach, but before you stop over for cocktails at Meeting at Market.
7. History. Charleston is rich with African American and Colonial History. Visit Boone Hall Plantation for a guided house tour and deepen your understanding of the history of slavery in the South.
8. All the pretty pink houses. See #rainbowrow.
9. It’s close. Just a one hour flight from BWI.
10. Weather. Sunny with a chance of sunny.
Flats: DSW, last seen here
Purse: DvF, sold out but similar here
Sunglasses: Sunnies, last seen here
Earrings: Baublebar, last seen here